Seeing What I want to See

I'm still thinking about psychopaths. My preoccupation about them is lingering at the: irrationality of empathy.

Is empathy irrational? Empathy is a big picture part of the brain. It allows us to value relationships and see ourselves part of a much larger organism: humanity. Empathy allows me to value my spouse, offspring, friends and neighbors. It even allows me to feel something for someone I don't have any relation too.

Examining it, the welfare of humanity as an organism is only a concern to those of us who value its future. Long after we are dead, our contributions live on to serve our genetic, memetic, intellectual off spring. There is that comfort as positive contributing members of society they will remain happy long after they forget us, since we live in their positive contributions .

Its the same in the way I see my parents and grandparent's actions. They may have done some things differently, but their intention are the same as mine. If my grandfather were still alive today, having access to the knowledge and logic, and still had a strong vigorous mind he would completely understand my life choice.

Psychopaths reminds me of the Wasp that zombiefies cockroaches or paralyzes caterpillars to lay its eggs and feed its young. In the economy of life Parasites serve a purpose. They exist because there is a niche where they can exist.

As human as I may want to think people can be, that given the options and information they will do what is best Psychopaths has simplified and clarified the motives of those I cannot effectively explain with strategy or allocentrism.

Villar, the candidate running for the country presidency is clearly a Psychopath. His cronie Alan Cayatano is one as well. Stealing an unprecedented amount and having no hindrance in any of his actions is damning. Their clarity of purpose is what clinches it for me.

I understand some politicians born of political families have their lives plotted out for them and just go with the flow. I'm pretty much like them in circumstance. Still, like myself, I still make choices that can serve to further stabilize and improve a community. It doesnt take much to make me happy, and that is because I have empathy and I see value in people.

Psychopaths, particularly successful ones don't have the options of happiness that make humans find an equilibrium without the expense of others. Accumilating power and wealth, is all about shoring up perceived limitations.

A psychopath is running or president. Its not the first time to happen and there have been many in history. Marcos was not a psychopath, Imelda could have been, he was just drunk with unprecedented power (an equilibrium).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick