Observing mutations in my family

Spatial Intelligence applies to estimation of values and measurements. It is also has an effect on risk quotient. What I find interesting is my Mom's story of her work in standard chartered bank.

As an accountant, part of her job was allocating estimations and predictions regarding certain budgets and funds. Something my mom is very proud of is how, in her job which allowed for variations of 10-15%, she would get things right at a level of 1-2%. This is the reason she rose pretty quickly up the ranks. Considering she was able to juggle 5 kids, a household, my dad's eccentricities, social obligations and her devotions.

It makes me quite aware of her remarkable spatial intelligence. My mom buys boxes of clothes from the US to give as gifts to employees. Her ability to make a reliable and precise observation regarding sizes and values comes into play often in these exercises. I also see this in how she manages things through this particular advantage influencing her methods.

Looking at my siblings, strangely the closest thing that approximates this mutation of her's is the level of visual artistic ability... which makes me and little sister to possibly posses the gene.

Remembering my grandfather's biology notes when he tutored me in the sciences, his ability to draw was remarkable for someone untrained. He would draw the flowers pretty well, despite arthritis preventing him from making smooth lines.

I only have one cousin, in the mother side (and in comparison of all my cousin relations) who had remarkable drawing skills . He is also the most personally successful of all the grand children, having accomplished my grandfathers dream of becoming a doctor (which he could not accomplish when WWII broke and interrupted his study in the university of St. thomas).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick