Gaming and Religion

This thread (link in the title) was bound to happen. In threads that talk about Inquisition, Religous Intolerance, Fanaticism as GOOD things is quite offensive to atheists. Still the atheists roll with teh punches. There are many gaming concepts that are insulting to atheists.

Particularly Theocracies and how some Gamers Love the Warhammer 40k theocracy in their games. My brother loves that stuff.

I can play the Poe, but knowing threads that Glorify the Crusade tends to piss me off. Especially since the people who go crazy about crusades never really studied the First Really Big one and learned what went on with it.

My brother hates it when I "preach" or basically bring up the real world history about things. So I don't... and thats where much of the game style changed.

The closest I will come to Combat is in the simulation games I've played in airsoft. Imagination , discussion and studiousness has done a lot to give me a better sense of scale about the matter. I believe in necessary force, in the same Game Theory principles behinds tsun Zu's advice: when negotiating for peace, make ready for war.

I've realized how much these books have affected my point of view. The history and science books that I voluntarily read, makes me so different sometimes.

Its like we all grew up knowing knowledge is key but not all of us actually truly believed in that.

The Unhappy Intellectual Archetype. "Hay Nako!" (Is a loud sigh exclamation in tagalog). Thats the first time I've confronted that face to face, but its something I keep seeing in the movies. That the real geniuses are unhappy.

Well thats an archetype but thats not true with many smart people. Smart people believe they can adapt to the situation and survive on the wits. They believe because of the power of their intellect and their circumstance that they can achieve regardless of what happens... because when you die you won't mind anyway.

Living is what Smart Atheists do, and when you live a "good" (as defined by smart atheists) life you have there is fewer things to be sad about and more things to be grateful for. It is a meta strategy that works, because knowing a positive outlook is necessary for a greater satisfaction in life, thus the adaptable intellect will take up that strategy.

To know your are taking the very same strategy that Game Theory says will have the highest satisfaction is pretty much conspired circular argument any Intellectual can get into because it has a capacity to even accommodate the most sophisticated minds. There is that infinite loop that can create an equilibrium at a point of satisfaction... unfortunately this stance requires forward momentum... and life is pretty much moving forward... taking some of those around you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick