The Down Pour and the Rest

I had a lot of other things planned to talk about when I got around to it. I've been busy because of the "state of calamity" a super downpour that even flooded the elevated area of the Condo I live in.

So many people are left homeless and so much has been wasted. My mother in law's house was flooded, with the 1st floor being filled up to 5ft of water in less than 3 hours.

Accounting. I was supposed to have gotten to write, but I was worried about my home work and my social obligations. My homework by the way is accounting and the book I'm using fails to live up to its Preface of Claims: "As an introductory course where most (if not all) of the students have no prior training in accounting." It fails to deliver.

I would write an Amazon Review about it, when I'm done with the class, so that I don't screw my passing chances up when someone might choose to read my review of the book.

I think I would be better off with a Dummies Book.

The book is Accounting: Text and Clases by Robert N. Anthony, David F. Hawkins, and Kenneth A. Merchant. Check out the book in amazon. Who ever wrote the 5 star was a sock-puppet, because even the most optimistic assement of this book should consider the poor use of language of the book. I mean, it doesnt say things simply. Its like the authors keep making assumptions to the understanding of the reader and doesnt seem to remember their own learning process on subject matter to provide to shape its approach to teaching.

Entrep Organization Class. My group mates screwed me over 2/3rds of the time I was supposed to get for my Presentation. I had to rush it all in 10 minutes. My professor also has some unusual quirks to deal with. She basically took 1/2 the time of the class (3 hour class) to review what she talked about last meeting. This left me baffled and curious about what she is expecting.

Particularly weird was how she blames the consumers, globalization and men for not patronizing our more expensive/inefficient products, and the sex trade.

Its weird, for a woman who is supposed to know her numbers and the business psychology around it she can't seem to fathom that free trade is supposed to encourage innovation. Specifically, the reason why our products are more expensive is because we fail to provide the necessary capital to make its production more efficient. Also she seems to overlook the corruption involved in land reform and in food production that kinda puts the Philippines in a whole lot of mess.

Then there is the sex trade thing, blaming men (as she blames consumers for choosing the most cost efficient product) for the resulting phenomenon. This is not the first time I had a irrational Professor who seems to string along data that have an association but no direct and provable relationship.

I mean, I might not get a good grade since my proff is too my opinion and observation, irrational, emotional, and inconsistent.

I may have to be deceptive and appear as something else to survive or get a good grade. There is nothing "wrong" with deception when the opportunity cost of truth will bankrupt me which will just serve no effective purpose.

This is the philippines, Authority and Age are antiquated aspects and expectations of the culture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick