Judgement and Games: Why I am slowly becoming a Troll

there is a pattern in the questions being asked around the forums. Particularly the difference between a newbie and a old-guard: Knowing that they already have the capacity to answer their own questions.

Its quite simple to answer a GURPS rule questions, Just think about how you would do it. usually the questions arise when people want to add legitimacy or credibility to their own solution. Someone would cry out "KROMM SAID SO!!!" and to them reasonable or not that answer would suffice.

Of course, being a secularist there tenets of the "Faith" or the lifestyle permeate in almost EVERYTHING that requires a decision. So If the same question is posed, my action would be to reason it out on my own with the help of others and considering my own unique circumstance.

the newb might seek legitimacy or credibility to a ruling (or Point of View); the old guard just wants to see all sides of the argument, so that he could spot what he may overlook.

Retiring with the idea, ever Point of View is unique affects the decision matrix of actually going into a discussion about it. Although i my case, I troll a lot because I see the point of view that disgusts or offends me sometimes.

I provoke, because I don't want things to remain the way it is. I pose questions and information to be considered and ideas to be challenged. I'm quite disgusted with the, (what I used to call back in the day) handjobs of mutual masterbatory remarks which goes on unchallanged. These remarks which can be identified by the lacking of self critical review and carry so much ASUMED information (the reasons it takes me much longer to explain something) telling of a WHOLE class of thought.

In reflection it seems, trying to spread the critical thinking needed (or required) to be a secularist means being a Troll and provoking others to re-think their statements and the potentially errouneous assumptions they made plain with their remarks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick