Liking what I choose

I've chosen Ubuntu, I admit it was hard and the time investment was considerable. In hindsight though, I think I invested as much as I did when I tried to get the hang of windows anyway. The penny arcade discussion about choice in their recent comic got me to thinking about my own commercial choices.

Right now I'm working with a Windows Vista, but if or when my time arrives I plan to move towards Ubuntu in all my business transaction. Consider that I don't pay Microsoft or anyone else, any more than the customizing and business specific needs I am willing to pay for when it comes to a Linux computer. When I think about it a little more, considering that there are SO many varieties of Linux, Linux has their own OS-Tan roster.

these days other than my other little distracting projects, i'm considering when I can get the time to translate all my Adobe and 3ds Max skills into ther Open Source Version. Considering how much 3d capabilities of Blender is enough for a basic Sci-Fi setting, I'm wondering if the emerging market of media has space for Garage Show Makers, making Meta shows or stories of Characters and their adventures.

The Long-term good is always a harder choice to make than the imediate and easy good; although I can even use my own strategy in steering me towards the direction of sustainable computing power. Thankfully I'm off computer games, until I can get the cheap ass Counter-Strike like FPS game to work for my tactical exercises.

Forum thread. Here I go again trying to prattle on about what i've learn and Gaming Realities. The thing about mentors and their attempts to teach you to always formulate your own opinion about what you've studies is that it makes you argumentative. Its like telling you to get a gun and know how to use it, and you see people using their guns wrongly then your knee-jerk reaction is to confront them with your own gun.

Reading up to form your own opinion leads one to the world of arguments. Knowing more much means having more differences, having more differences means having more Points to defend, and eventually it all equates to more argue.

The thing about online forums is that without the proper body language, tone and other specialized human communication patterns there is too little information to work on and thus too much missing elements that can lead to miscommunication. It is always better to talk face to face, and the subtlety of human interaction will always be make technology secondary in communicating, especially when ideas get even more complex.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick