A definite whack on my Faith!

My GM disallowed me from taking Secularist humanism for discipline of faith for a character as it doesnt count as a religion? But discipline of faith

The problem with this is how do you define Faith? there is no GURPS definition of it, and the dictionary definition has too many cultural afflicted terminology to it.

Here is the game rules of the disadvantage:
Disciplines of Faith
You live by a strict set of rules in order to achieve a greater understanding of your faith. This might be a personal decision or a requirement of your religion. Such rules are optional in many faiths, though – indeed, some religions might forbid them as excesses!
What set of rules do Secularists follow? The wikipedia tenents is a helpful guide.
Does it affect my personal decisions? Yes, I can't just do something and justify it as "God told me to do it!" or twist it around to suit my circumstance.
Are they a form of rules in order to achieve a greater understanding of my belief structure or faith? Yes

I got flak in the boards from comparing my belief structure to a religion and is considered beneath it. Its interesting when I get that from real people than in faceless ones on the boards.

Why do I want to play a secular humanist in a game? Its interesting when worlds filled with superstition and twisted reasoning is approached by the detatched and nearest to objective observation of a secular humanist. The virtue of Doubt, second guessing one's own motives is an interesting facet in a character.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick