I was bored a whole 8 hours at work- a rarity

Rather off topic, but ...

[quote]I'm someone who wasted more than 5 years of my life figuring it out. I'm in my 30s, married, in management training hoping to be an entrepreneur. Gaming is a big chunk of me, and I have learn my real world skills from it. I don't get to game much anymore, but in a way you could say I game constantly. The game is real life now and like RPGs you only lose if you don't play and enjoy it.
[/quote]

It seems we have a fair amount in common, because I have been through the same sort of experiences. I was away from gaming for about 15 years, taking care of those other important aspects of life before I got the chance to start playing regularly again. During that time I didn't stop thinking about games, or wanting to play, or wanting to write my own, but the time wasn't right for that. So hang in there, the time will come when you can turn some of your attention back to your favorite hobbies.

Dan
Thanks Dan,
I'd like to mention that I was an undergrad in Bachelor of Science in Mathematics specializing in Computer Programing- for 3 terms although my personal life was in the crapper at the time and it dragged down everything with it. Interesting how much in common we would have if I was able to prevent that.

PS i'm surprised the you got the whole spiel cause when i look at my blog it missed the first sentence :P

Right now I'm being a gamer, a secularist, and a total business geek in this discussion.

also started reading Voroksigan Saga- I likey. Falling Free reminds me of a John Varley story but less psychedelic. Looking forward to getting my hands on some elisabeth moon down the line.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick