Overwhelmed with too many Ideas

This happens, being too overwhelmed with ideas, from time to time. Of course, these days I know better than to act on too little information as well as managing expectations.

Cabuyao Plant. Yesterday, I've come from the plant in Cabuyao. A factory tends to produce a lot of "waste"; especially a customized solutions fabrication plant.

One particularly interesting thing about going this plant is the way they treated me. Being son of the owner tends come with some privileges, particularly being treated like a prince. A modest, particularly a humble demeanor tends to emphasize their insistence to treat one like minor royalty. I figure it merely a remnant part Philippine of hospitality from the Spanish era. My brother, Gaspars, modest/humble and helpful reputation tends to also immediately grant some immediate rapport based merely on positive association. I need to mention also that many of the supervisors of this plant used to be the employees my parents began their business with, hence the air of "being one of their " can be felt.

Anyway, the plant and its waste was particularly large (of course) and had many possiblities for enterprise- something that usually grabs my attention immediately. I'm surprised my mere familiarity with Tinkering has come to so much use these few days. Gaming has granted me so much knowledge (for a layman) about manufacturing because of Dan Howards detailed accounts of Metalurgy and Traveller requiring me to brush up a bit about economics and technology trends, that I was modestly equiped from some one who was supposed to approach the problem with no background knowledge.

Sooo much to salvage and soo much potential to make progress and probably enrich the immediate community. The plant's managers shady contacts and his hearty compliance really makes the potential of getting off the ground more possible.

One particular Mutual Pay-off, without giving away the company strategy I've proposed to my folks (which they were more than happy to let me sink my teeth in) is "racketing" (term for side business) opportunities. Particularly in the realm of AIRSOFT peripherals.

When I brought my airsoft and enthusiastically, let everyone who wanted to try it out generated great rapport about my groundednes. This lead to discussion about the manufacturing of the weapon and their peripherals with the Plant Manager and one of the Engineers. Suffice to say, the racket opportunities are GREAT! Basically the risk vs reward is more than sufficient to get into producing these things as a way for the other employees to make anciliary income generation (after work hours of course; there is a potential of breaking company equipment because of economies-of-scale production load of such an endevor). Then I already have a great way to distribute it, not to mention the market's Demand Is SO high and the suppliers are taking advantage of the buyers right now.

One particularly decision element that had a chance of blowing up in my face is particularly the Legal elements. Something, that family and connection have pretty much solved; because where there is profit there are "free-loaders" in philippine business.

It is a great opportunity for one of my friends to share some of his manufacturing experience with his family business. Particularly in the R&D department, you see I'm not the only tinkerer in the group as one other guy is pretty hands on and also likes to tinker. Last night, we were able to have a concept down for a "secret" weapon all the other airsoft groups will not see comming for a while. Anyway, this "secret weapon" was to the excitement of our team leader and all the respective memebers. Of course, one has to contain the excitement and must go a thorough feasibility study first. We don't want to be jumping the gun, with mismanaged expectations.

Anyway, combining the airsoft peripherals "racket" and the secret weapons development ensures my airsoft gaming future is pretty sustainable in the long run. If these all pan out; that makes it even more sustainable for everyone in the hobby in general.

One particularly interesting thing about making the employees want to play airsoft allows for the opportunity to have a fun hobby for themselves and their children. Even if it is a hobby that is relatively expensive (cheaper than golf, definitely) introducing it allong with the means to earn the money to afford the hobby and access the hobby cheaply has a potential to bring up productivity.

Pushing people to spend more, while giving them a way to work more and see a mutual Pay-off is one the more interesting theories of human development or, in the companies point of view, labor development. Usually, revenue generation and a place to put that revenue have to come around the same time in order push people to better consolidate their priorities.

A person may see a need for some conveniences to be more efficient but they will normally not shift resources or their habits to acquire this convenience unless there is more payoff than just "time" or money. In any change, options are not just enough, sufficiently "padding" a payoff is also not enough, the timing of several factors successfully is what critically influences a decision just before it is made. Timing: Need and Opportunity is what needs to be managed if the "tactical" aspect of this execution is to succeed.

How about a Rant. A certain GM is making such a busy wish list for his players: a character stable and a paragon game, even when he, himself can't commit to his own on going game. I keep hinting "expectations" in the egroup and my bff is warning me not to push it, less I earn this GM's "ire" and he "hints" at my GMing theories.

Really, who wants to play with a GM who feels like he's in a lofty tower over his players? That he can keep making suggestion that actually take precious TIME for the players to execute. I know the GM's job comes with some sense of entitlement... but players usually expect that the GM uses "capital" wisely, not splurging it on pointless projects.

These guys have children, like the said GM, he should consider maxing out the play time and minimizing the "speculation" to discussions on the egroup not the players free time.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick