Health Mostly

Airsoft. almost 60 meters engagement range. Although since there is no place to practice shooting, except on the game days itself, It takes me roughly 2 seconds to get on the bead on a target that far. Basically I can see the BBs and I adjust accordingly, literally hosing down my foe. I should be consider getting a scope... but thats too spendy.


Healing. I have a nasty canker sore which is a symptom of my resistance going down (and its right at the center base of my tongue). I find myself spitting phlegm in the morning as well, and sleeping around 4-6 hours these past few days, not helping. I want to have plans on friday night, but I really need to sleep and rest.

I'm working out again. I realized a way around the kiddy pool's limitations: a swimming cord. Basically a cord that will hold me back while I swim against it. I can make one with the ropes we have here for hanging clothes and what was suppsed to be used for my bow project that never got off the ground. So I just need Y-shaped rope ends, something comfortable over my ankles and a place to secure it.

I've been tring to cut my calorie intake in a day to that off 1800 again. I plan to strengthen my core, because during the game it was the part that cramped up most often. Arm strength is also important and with swimming I won't have to worry about loiterers, unlike in the gym.

When i learned how muscles developed, it gave me better insight on how I may have more efficient use of my excersize time. The stress that tears at muscles is what forces the body to regenerate more of them, the way we build up callouses. So as much as excersize is important, the healing is just as imporant.Also, when the intention is to "tear" up muscles, the intensity of the work out matters more than the time, to some degree.

During the Camp Colorado game, I was able to push my self pretty hard. Hard enough to feel my limits and what I can do, fairly sustainably. So now I'll be trying to work out in a short burst of pain and energy, and take it really easy the day after. I know muscles lose mass fairly quickly, so I need to maintain the activities long enough to slightly develop and increase my over all calorie per day burn (thanks to the new mass). Doing things patiently, carefully over time, and making strategic adjustments in my lifestyle is more effective in the long run than just the act of excersizing.


kathy. Thanks for the advice, that and what happened made me realize I should take better care of my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick