Game Tomorrow

Larp. Well the Camp Colorado Game is tomorrow. I'm going to be LARPING modern combat, or as these guys call it: Airsoft. Yes, i freely admit that Airsoft is like larping, except that it focuses on simulation more than the role-playing aspect.

Things new people must know about airsoft:
.
Is it hard? No, especially when you have a good team. Although, don't expect to be killing a lot of opponents. The easiest but an underestimated role in modern combat is suppressive fire. Suppressive fire, is a way for your allies to move towards their objective by preoccupying opponents with your "strategically" dangerous fire.

Crawling is a basic movement that is both very tiring and very effective. Almost anyone can do it, and the smaller you are and the lighter load out the better.

Starting out, contrary to carrying light arms, battle rifles or medium to long ranged guns are best for beginners IMO. that would be the Jing Gong Ak Tactical as the best, followed by the other longer ranged guns with a 500-400 magazine capacity.

How much? Without out your own gear, just good athletic equipment that is earthy or dark in color. A serious incrimental investment is at about P10,000 ($200). This will include a Battle Dress Uniform, Safety Equipment (Goggles, Mask, Balaklava, and elbow and knee guards), the Gun and its' basic peripherals, and Basic Load Bearing Gear (very important in longer games). You don't spend this entire thing in one go, maybe just 8k, but the 2k is for slight mods after the first few weeks of playing.

After probably 6 months of playing every(other weekend) or a year, it is only then when more serious expenses are made for the role. usually this would be around another P5,000 ($100) in mods. Add another P2,000 for serious other gear.

Personally, I've spent about P20,000 in Airsoft Gear in these past 1.5 year. Suffice to say, that I only spent an amount of 2/3rds of what a lot of people would spend on just for a gun. So its not that expensive a hobby, especially when you consider that I made a LOT of mistakes. The mods I've gotten for my gun is roughly 5,000 which was more or less efficient (but certainly I could hav spent less). I don't haggle so much BTW, when I go to Quiapo, cause I don't have that much of advantage that I can bargain my patronage. I don't buy as much in volume as my other friend, or can make time to take the 70min drive to go Quiapo in short notice.

Part of what saved my expenses is my jurry rigging a lot of stuff that failed to work. Just for this game, I've moded a butt plate, and was able to get a broken but brand new cheap-a$$ ak magaazine.

The expenses for an airsoft game, would roughly add up to $200 for gass, drinks, ammo and entrance fee.

It would be nice that my bros play with me. Gaspar as Heavy Arms, Mel would be with me in advanced guard. Its just like larp, but "wid Gunz!"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick