What people don't usually see

Comments. majority of the comments in this don't see one particular thing: what if the country you live in was a prison. The comments are classic in the sense that they already assume that the family is trying to get a free ride. When people in developing countries try to escape their country, before anyone should comment on how evil and wrong they are: try living in their country and in their shoes.

These people who are fleeing the developing world, are not doing so to abuse the "foolish westerners!" If they were criminal, then it would be easier to be criminal at home than to risk it all in a country and people you don't know. Not all these people are saints, but in the case just like this, you have too look at the circumstance closely.

There was some guy, saying that the family was using the daughter as leverage, now this is bot an accurate but unfair assumption. Even if you are using "legaly" unfair loophole in an arbitrary system of laws doesnt make it wrong for that family to use those means to stay together. What strikes me even more seriously, is that these people don't seem to know how fragile a family can be in this circumstance and what are the priorities of these people they are dealing with.

The Father was a humble worker, he worked for what he needed. Despite character scrutiny, typical in such a case, nothing came out to say that their family was out to screw with the japanese. The greatest point against them is the feeble "illigality" of their entry. I know what they did was wrong, but If I wasn't born in my economic situation I would have either died working, killed my self or escaped to a more developed country (that is why I'm working to fix my country).

Game theory is augmenting my freaking Empathy by allowing me to better anticipate the priorities and psychology of these people. I have to say it affects me more now then before, even when I should be keeping a cold calculating demeanor.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick