Ideas for the Game, Kings, The Philippines and Fading Suns.

Fading Suns. I've been wondering how to execute a Fading Suns game given the many challenges in developing it. I've gotten an inspirational idea, after hearing about the new TV series Kings. Having heard about it, I was told it had some shakespearian intrigue. I don't know what the difference of that is to Machievelan or Byzantine Intrigue. I've been poking about and from what I've found out about it is that it fills what I'm troubled with in the story element.

A story, one with such a rich setting, can be restricted by the richness of the setting. The setting follows after the story, but in an RPG a game follows after the setting. The setting is the paramters the world is built upon, manipulating this is part of the Cause and effect that creates the Game aspect of the experience.

Now, how do I resolve to play a Byzantine Intrigue game, while meeting my player's expectations. First off all, I have to really take a serious effort in defining what I want out of the game. The GM's needs have to be clearly defined and he should clearly know what he is expecting. Looking at what I want, I don't exactly know want with the Byzantine element. Is it the intrigue? Is it the simplicity? Is it the dress of Knights, Courtiers, Soldiers and Experts? What is it?

If it is the story, how much of it will play into game? There are several key elements that
  • Why do player like about the setting?
  • What do they want to do or what would be fun in the setting?







e
the game

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick