Going Ubuntu!

Status Quo. The hardest thing to change and one of the more imperceptible elements of society. I've always been chiming the ubuntu bell, ever since I was able to try it out and found it easy to use. Now, given what little free time I have, I was able to squeeze in and install it.

It is kind of an adjustment since I've used Arial in all my writing since 2005 (ever since my professor praised it and I was zombie-ly followed).

ORGS. Open-content Role-playing Game System is the reason why I've been too busy to write material for my other gaming blogs. Basically I've developed a game system specifically for use of Role-Playing Decision Making Senarios for Educational Purposes. Of course it can also be used as a game, but I've focused more on the elements that makes RPGs useful in education.

  • Stragic Planning
  • Tackling Projects
  • Risk Assessment
  • Adapting to Unfavorable Outcomes
  • Self Criticism and Reflection on one's thinking process

Its basically non-competative to Role-playing games in general. I plan to use it, primarily to run my realistic senarios and offer it to like minded people (gamers strugling to use all that knowledge for real world pursuits).

Of course, i can't help but also write some real world possible scenarios where this system will be useful. Mostly civilians caught up in dangerous situations (or to gamers: an adventure). Based on my last game, my players underestimated the fun they had playing civilians in a dangerous situation. They have some how found their inherent civilian limitations quite empowering when they learned to work around it.

Although further technical aspects and adventures will only be tackled Game in the Brain. Although talking about the project is quite appropriate in the Gamer Pig's domain.

One will note that I've recently added details of my update schedules. I like to think that my ideas are being read (if not appreciated) and that somewhere in this growing human fora those who share my ideas will share theirs and accelerate each others progress towards enlightenment.

Anyway, I'll be going to work early and hopefully be able to leave work by 3 to beat the traffic for a 5pm meeting in greenhills..





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick