A Safe Answer

I was made to do a report and after submiting it I'm being asked to get into a certain stance about what I see is wrong. After getting my head bitten off, I'm not making a single comment about the proceedure, especially because I know there is underlying political undertones about making the COO (child of owner) cite specific deficiencies in management.

So basically, I'm going to use my unfair-clout of being the son of the owner to get a free pass or get into trouble and be used as a tool to air out some management concerns which uses me as a shield.

I already know the management deficiencies. The management book has given me the fundamentals and my execution and practice of them in almost everything I'm doing has highlighted why they are important and where I don't see it being implemented.

Its just depressing to be caught up in another social trap. So I will further lower expectations about my performance, my capabilities and my overall reputation by making comments that basically re-iterate what is plain to see.
Ex.
Recommendations: Shrinking Market. My recommendation regarding the shrinking market is that action be taken to study the problem and fix it.
This is the standard proceedure if you have nothing nice to say but are expected to say something.
Ex.
There is a door .
"Hey there is a door here!"
Examining my posible strategies, through Game Theory: be a Prick or be pointlessly helpful-but essentially a burden?

I vote be a prick and choose a battle I can win and which is more decisive of my situation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick