The need to sleep earlier

30 Rock is Bad. if you want to sleep early.

Dexter and Didi. Among what I am following right now: Dexter, Rome, and Dark Tower.

Writing. I'm writing some stuff for my Game, which I plan to post in my Byzantine Blog when I edit it. Its really weird, the flood of ideas and the level of understanding I have now. I didn't know how much there was to know of how influence and power works. I'm in a GM frenzy mood of writing up a game.

Thankfully, the effort is not going to be wasted. This setting I'm drawing up is pretty robust and has a lot of internal mechanisms that follow many historical precedents yet takes a unique spin from there.

The game I'm talking about is the "Sins of the Crusades" game I'm going to run. The setting fluff is pretty interesting especially since, I don't have to draw a map and its Post Dark Ages where history was pretty bare to begin with. A perfect set up for an Altered History story.

Watching Rome Season 1 was very conducive to some thoughts for adventures. It is a nice template to work with when you want to focus on adventurers and have really great dressings of Intrigue, Politics and mark making.

My Idea for SoC is that even if it may never be a game. It is enough fluff for a Biblio and a comic.

I've been always thinking about Song of Ice and Fire in the back of my head. Flipping it upside down, turning it around, peering to all its little facets and textures. Its an inspiring work of a setting. Thinking about what does SoC has to offer is very limited. I have no illusions of how it parallels to the new appreciation of realism these generation of readers or gamers have. What I can solidly grasp is that, as an altered history it capitalizes on what is already known and spins the imagination of a story teller of how things came to be. To the Business Minded, it is a setting that doesnt need a lot of creativity to use: just draw upon history and repackage it.

As a Dark Fantasy Setting, it is very strongly tied to history. Specifically the Darkest Point of human history people tend to ignore and forget: The use of Faith to legitimize terrible and inhumane acts and to perpetuate a servitude, ignorance, and the waste of life. In this aspect, SoC deals with taboo topics in a world much like our own but with a touch of the fantastic, horrifying and adventure.

Players get to understand the Incredible Power one has with such titles and are tasked to stamp out free inquiry and control the private lives of those below them. Strangely when you get into the habit of it, it becomes so interesting how much you can seriously harm others when you attack their concience, repress others, and create laws no one can really follow. To understand such power is to understand why it is so evil, most importantly it is about Understanding and seeing through our own veils of reality.

Sharing the Wealth. I just struck gold with some recent acquissitions, and I want to share the wealth. I'm sure the guys will like this s#!t.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick