Is Greed Bad?

I had a conversation where I couldn't voice my honest opinion. And the concept of greed automatically being bad is pretty interesting to a secular mind.

As a secularist, greed isn't bad its just a natural force like hunger, thirst, curiousity and horniness. It is not EXPRESSLY bad. It is a desire, but that of money.

Would it be possible for an HONEST man to be greedy? People wanting money is not bad, people breaking laws and infringing in the rights of other people in the pursuit of that money is bad.

Since there are ways to make money honestly, hence businesses, then why should greed be bad? Just because a person wants a lot of money, doesnt automatically make them bad.

I want a LOT of money, just like anyone honest enough to admit to themselves they really do. Technically, I am greedy. Although, unlike the other half of all greedy people, I would gladly work for it.

Just because people are greedy doesnt make them bad. In Fact it makes them more predictable and more "usable" because if they speak in terms of money, it is easier to do business with them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick