Good News for Me

bad news for most comic publishers... but good news for my business plan. The news basically means, there should be better cost effectiveness for comics. I agree, but more to the point, I have one already and I need to know who to approach.

I've been laying down the foundations and I'm working on the business plan, in what I call my Comic Project. Its a simple enough name and I don't want to betray the kick-a$$ production process that I have developed for it. Right now, I'm doing some research on operational costs and looking for Blender 3d Artists. I've also begun looking for someone who can sell or market it to the comic industry from here. Hopefully it pans out.

If your interested in knowing, the start up costs are pretty small... very small. Heck the overall production method is simple, the factors that prevented it from being viable in the first place are:

  • - Comic Industry has a stong Traditional nature in its Production Methods. New methods will certainly be adopted slowly and will left to the risk of the poor chap who has thought of it first.
  • - Cheaper technology
  • - Availability of certain Key Skilled Technicians
  • - The integration of what seems like 2 vastly different disciplines of thought: Business Process and System analysis and Art. There has been many collaborations that ended with failure. I feel that business techniques and understanding have matured to a level that it can work with Artistic Quality.
  • - A More Global market
  • - A very good reason to be more Cost Effective: The economic crisis
Interestingly, this can be part of my business plan. Every thought that deals with sorting out all the problems before it even is put into practice and experimentation could be processed by a (Munchkin's) Gamer's approach.

Seconds Thoughts in turning in my application. My parents want me to turn in application for working in the company. These two business plans are what keeps me productive and happy. I don't want to lose them, to do something I'm not that interested in. Unless mom gives me a Sales project to analyze and has a completion time that wont frustrate me, I wouldnt mind.

I should ask mom, what I would be doing. Honestly I need the money to fund my projects and the increased consumption I am living because of my more productive state.

Too bad mom and pop, want me to run the business when i personally feel like I can't. Around the time your folks hit 60, you should be already a very valuable or integral working part of the family business. I'm not and I don't think I can wiin people's faith in my abilities (or even want to...).

I really don't think I can't. I really don't see my style of working out problems like a Total Geek in such a company. Can Anyone? I'm a total nerd that loves his nerdiness and geekiness and i don't fit the corporate and exclusive world of my folks. How many total nerds are there over there?

I think that world is composed of realists and people who master the rules of reality and deal with only a small portion of intellectual theories and introspection. I admit that you don't really need arm chair discussions and theories to be formidable in that clique. You just need power, oportunity and a good handle of what tools you have.

Nerds like me are not the kind to play in that field. We usually dominate sciencies and technical fields, because you need to be a bit more removed from "reality" to excell in it. I would probably end up ruining everything for a lot of people If I worked there.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick