The Minority of the Non-Believers

I wish I knew more about this. I'm a closet (to my parents) agnostic-borderline atheist filipino but because of my theological studies which developed my initial secular humanism values (when I tried to work out their internal inconsistencies). It was in searching for my filipino indentity in its own history and the secularist heroes of the revolution that opened my eyes to the hypocrisy of the church. When gaming made me an avid history lover, that sealed the coffin, intellectually, for me of my catholic views. When a priest betrayed my trust and damned me to what I thought was everlasting hell, was when I "rose up" reborn as an agnostic and slowly towards a more enriched humanistic direction.

Reading God is not great is a slap of cold water to a mind that did not know the errors of its own reasoning. It highlighted a lot of my miss placed bias and reminded me of very old wounds I dare not move, or suffer them opening again. I think, the book would have been great for me to learn and read when I was confused and young. I think that so much confusion and suffering would have been affected

Talking with Nikos. Well, Nikos reminded me about how unmanly I wouldn't tell my parents that I am a agnostic humanist. If he only knew my mom's intolerance of it and how devoutly catholic obedient of her to curse my sister and me to hell, with such knowledge. I don't know If I will ever tell them. Seeing how they cannot move to tell Lola the truth about Leonardos being in similar condition of her physical state is enough of a precedent of how living a lie is such a integral part of family culture.

I've learned from my painful fights with my parents and my own growing pains how easy it is to live a lie. My parents would crush my reasoning with their authority for fear of them losing it when I unveil their errors. Then there was my own passions that didn't know when to stop and when I was ruled only by them. Lies are easier to live than truth, if the west was bankrupt by their lifestyle and delusions, we in the east are the same so in our creativity and intelligence and in ability to produce originality.

Oh well...

I hate that we are ruled by the Church (ignorance), the Warlords (poverty), and the Oligarchs (indifference). The Taipans on the other hand are like Cthulu Gods who don't really care anything beyond their money.

I have a plan... for what good it would possibly do... at least a business plan of how to make a Secular, highly effective, profitable (enough) school that will take advantage the inherent management inefficiencies of the religously-tax exempt schools. This Business plan is quite simple: Take out the useless subjects, courses target Professions (not general academic fields), allow someone to quickly (in order to start work quickly), work more closely with companies and the industry (less academic more practical), and manage it efficiency through secular administrators whose priorities are the clients-the students (and not the church owners and the clients).




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick