Low Energy

Projects to bring back my enthusiasm. I've been listening to AGoT lately, having read Lisa J. Steele's Fief has put a lot of foundation on how things work. Feif being a gaming book was very helpful, and made me find the Song of Ice and Fire books very very accurate despite their access to contraceptives and narcotic pain killers as potent as morphine. Reading up on Byzantine Politics has given me a taste for Mysteries and GURPS mysteries has given me experience in working the structure of a mystery. Anarchy of Families, Current Events in Philippine Politics, Filipinos at War, 15th C agriculture has and 19th Century History has armed me very well in developing Mahadlika.

I've been heavily influence and thinking lately. I've been amassing some technical proficiency in executing my business plan and these days I've have need to find free lancers: writers and artists. Personally I have no time to work on my own art, despite my own skills (which would require practice and, more precious, time to clean up). I have some business cards and I'm looking to collaborate with a writer to develop Mahadlika's script.

Personally I'll provide the outline and historical, strategic, military, economic knowledge and understanding needed for realizing the world but I need a writer who is skilled in arranging words and helping me breath some life into Mahadlika.

Mahadlika is in essence Filipino but addressing the complexity of the Philippine Circumstance into a medium that intends to let the world peek the many layers of who we are, is something I lose working on details I have mastered. I need to work with someone who has a gift with words and able to help me work my vision. Of course I'll be paying and because I'll be paying, anyway in the end I'll be the one editing, revising and working with the critics to refine the execution.

Art on the other hand is anothe matter. I plan to eventually have a full time artist I will personaly train. I may be rusty but I know how to train an illustrator as well as equiping this illustrator to have all the technicall skills I have that may be usefull for him to advance in his career once he has learned all he/she can and I have the connection to help that person advance their career for the brief but crucial work they will be doing with me. I probably would have one working for me for a year.

If you guys have any recomendations I would be glad to recieve them. I'm a paying kind of sort and will pay according to skill level but also willing to work with less skilled people if they are willing to work with me in refining their own craft according to my reasonable but critical demands.

Personally I don't want to work with friends, I'd rather work with people I meet through friends. I expect things to get messy. So if you know any aspiring artists and writers who are young and needs tempering send them my way and I will make time to talk to them.

I will take the opportunity to use some of my family's resources to put the add out in jobstreet or those other places (since its really expensive to use these channels).


Hey Armored Saint, Yeah i'll do just that when this project is over. and I get the first real vacation I have for the year.

Other Projects I personally want to work on (other than mahadlika).
  1. A script for a Fantasy Comic of War and Drama set in a Byzantine-like Empire. My pride and my highest level of proficiency. Since I have no hope of finding players for my games, I might as well use my calloraborative experience in story creation in creating a product that have a shot of being a success than just working with fantasy meant to be never read and forgotten.
  2. Helping others with my slowly developing organizational skills in Implementation of idea to start-up. I want the opportunity and training, I don't mind the work. (IOW: I want xp!)
  3. fix my blog layout
Other musings. Easily Forgotten realms can be made into a ASoIaF story once the magic is gone for a couple of hundred years. Same locals, same people, probably less fantastic people. The ability to perserve knowledge and transmit it is limited to oral and written. since education requires a higher population density and a higher levels of economic stratification seasonal lapses can regress humanity to a certain human technology level for a very long time. this is one of the things GRRM thought of when he made AGoT that made the setting very believable in a sci-fi way.

In any setting that has no industry base for the perservation of knowledge (like in many fantasy settings) should have fakers and pretenders to power. If you don't have paper or paper mills, or printing press, or goverment examinations, etc. the complexities of magic is more unlikely to occur especially when technical competenence is already rare, what more competence of magic! I know it is a Fantasy and we escape there and players hate limitations, but I find working with limitations a practical and neccessary skill in Real Life. Ignoring it all together or a deep unacceptance doesnt provide a good foundation in (real world) character.

Another thing that reinforces my agnostic streak and my atheastic sense is how Religous interpretation is such a bloody affair. Because when more than one interpretation is tolerated, Authority and Power is diluted and diffused. Centralization allows for Greater power. Power wielded by a few. You can even say that only the few and powerful had ever any reason to crush the heresey of the few and powerless. In this vein of thought, the most Powerful of religous leaders are more dangerous than the most powerful of Leaders, because religioun and faith legitimizes any course of action they take. Surprisingly Martin Luther, who Opus Dei, taught me to hate and condemn to the deepest hells is one of the keys to moral and ethical progress by wrestling away power from the church and giving it to common men to work out than theologians, who brood in cloistered rooms instead of living in the real world and facing real world problems.

Although for that if the world becomes more individualized and our moral POV is affected by sympathy and empathy then we may be able to find more harmony while allowing people to sacrfice less of individuality.

Movies: Outlander... painful to watch. As a history buff and as a story critic... no effort to improve in the tale telling- it so formulaic. Such a waste of a good cast.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick