Work to Do

My day. It takes me over an hour to go to work and go home. the audio books are indispensible and keeps me glued to my seat even when I do get home or work. In the center of the matter is how late it gets and how much time I have left at home before getting tired enough to sleep. Lately I've been waking up very late and going to work late. Thankfully, I'm just rendering and preparing a special effects for a new animated CG intro.

Right now, I've just had my lunch and spent most of my time in idle reading, one of my few catharsis.

Later, I have a meeting later with a friend for possibilities finding a larger market for 3d. In the worst case senario, I network and meet someone new on the best case senario I have my next big project that might give me enough reason to invest in a full time 3d Artist. In synergy Ateneo de Naga is offering 3d Services that may come in very usefull if we need more people to fill the project's requirements. Although i don't mind the worste case senario, I don't mind a break right now.


I've posted the Winter is Coming blog in my list of Interests. For Compulsively Meticulous GMs like myself, the site provides a great source of Casting Options for characters in games.

Years Projects Lists. I should put down a list of project for the future. I'll do that when this project is over. The list of things I want to do for this year and the years to come are incresing rapidly. I guess its not surprise that a gamer addict who finds fun in work will be channeling compulsions in work.

Understanding myself. I realized how small projects or small triumphs are so neccessary for nurturing any skill. I realized that, that was what made me enamored with games. I am of mediocre intelligence compared to many of my talented peers but games gave me a format to learn better and understand complex things in simplified form until I grew into being able to understand them. Undestanding this (and writing it here) will save it for future use, when I have students or kids of my own.

I do have a few real talents that I can distinguish from what I've learned about life. These talents though are not in any league of use as the others that I see plenty of in other individuals and those I admire, but gifts none-the-less. Still, you don't need any real ability to be good or really good. From what I experience talent tends to get in the way. I know many talented people who, because of the different environment of them being remarkable instead of mundane, struggle with their talent. Sometimes being a blank slate or an empty cup will give one a greater capacity for ability.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick