The weight of Guilt

Failures accumulating. I feel bad that the project is not moving. its pointless to execute Pat's design if his staff is already making it only to scrap my own and waste uselless effort. Right now I'm just rendering the old design which has 125 HOURS to go to finish 70% of it. Its moving at 1.5 hours per Frame! (this is already with some tricks to speed up rendering time.)

64 bit is WAY more stable (no errors so far) but I really need more Core Units working. Its painful to ask for more money and I have to invest another P15,000 to convert my desktop to a 64 bit render node. I have to sacrifice my desktop and its game playing performance to get this job down, leaving me this humble laptop for my computer game entertainment.

So far my parents have already invested about P330,000 (and another P120,000 pa for the other services rendered) on this project. In the scale of business it is actually pretty small, but since its failure or success hinges on me, it's a HUGE amount to risk on my performance. Now another 15,000 pa, will be needed to convert my gaming desktop to a 64 bit renderer and alternate (so that while the other is rendering I can model with the other one). 15,000 additional is relatively small, but I don't know what to make of that nagging feeling that I may need a 3rd render node of the same power as the Primary computer at about P43,000.

I just can be too liberal with the resources but on the other hand, time is of the essense. Another computer will take a whole week or more to order and set up. Time vs Money problem. I thrive at these challenges in a game but not in real life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick