Slow Rendering

Problems.Very slow rendering has prompted me spend 10k to get a 64bit Windows Vista Home Edition. the errors are mostly RAM related, even if my system can more than handle the load. Increasing the RAM won't make my rendering go FASTER, from what I understand, it allows the computer to Hold all the data meant to be calculated. It seems that 32 bit 3ds Max doesnt have the bench marks or limits by which balance your rendering load. It is mostly intuitive and problem solving.

Right now I'm rendering 1 frame at about 700 x 500 px and the computer will take more than a F*CKING hour!!! Again, there is no quantitative way to measure what is too much, the Change of OS would probably make it go faster (because its moving data at 64 instead of 32) but Most definitley would be that I don't have to worry about Errors rendering when I'm away. leaving it render overnight :(.

At this rate I will have to go to Work on Saturday to finish some stuff.

I'm hating myself. Too many promises and too many hopes hinge on me doing this well. I can't fail, But I can't see how I am going to succeed given these problems. too many problems and too many questions. Its just insane sometimes. A glimps of the responsibilities to come scares me and i know my limits too well. I learned to dive into the cold waters and learning to swim out of need but I feel like I'm slipping.

I do have a much better Idea of the world now and what I need to kick ass BUT at the same time many of my promising theories/plans of action are proving false and having to many problems. I cannot rely on TIME, I don't believe I'll just Know or Figure things out. I am looking for answers but know its a needle in a haystack. WTF?

At least the computer now is not suffering errors while I write this.

I should bring the laptop with me to work so that I can do some reasearch while I let the computer render. Or at least borrow Dad's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick