Sniffles and random pictures






I think I got a cold from too little sleep. I have a cankersore which is supposed to be a symptom of weakening. I only got 6 hours of sleep today. I like my sleep and will try to sleep more (IOW earlier). the sniffles are making my nose red from having to wipe it often.

3ds Max and 32bit platforms. I've found out that there is a CAP for 32 bit 3ds Max. My system resources can only access up to 2-3gig ram. Something I wished I knew much earlier on. Although i don't think i could justify spending more than what I did for this computer (around 60k).

End of the world?Or the battle of Hate vs Tolerance? I'm less of a believer in good or evil these days. Although i still follow what I know to be good from my catholic upbringing but function mostly on the "golden rule".

Anyway, religious leaders saying this is a fight against Armageddon argue dogma and their desire to enforce their beliefs on others. the law has to remain secular and yet these people want to prevent it from acting so? What gives? No one is forcing them to allow same sex marriage in their religions, simply because it is against the basic laws of the constitution (allowing to practice what they believe in).

  • “The idea that we would be forced as clergy to perform a marriage that was against our conscience, or that a church would lose its tax-exempt status, is ridiculous,” said the Rev. Karen Sapio, the minister of Claremont Presbyterian Church in Southern California. “If you look dispassionately at the record, there are a lot of churches with policies that are at odds with civil law.”
  • She continued, “I have not heard of a single Catholic church forced to marry someone who has been divorced, or a rabbi forced to perform an interfaith marriage or an evangelical church forced to marry a couple who has been living together.”
WTF! as a agnostic I side with the gays with this because it enforces secularization which also protects my rights as an Agnostic.

Growing up with inconcistencies. There is a Big picture of Padre Pio along C5, I've read up on the guy and he has more credentials to be a saint compared to many of our modern saints (except Mother Teresa). He got beatified at 1999 while Escriva got beatified 1992.

If you research up Padre Pio and his miracles, which I read a lot of as a kid, it makes you wonder why escriva got first dibs. Well if you look at the present Opus Dei is a powerful political and economic organization compared to "who knows" who follow Padre Pio.

Even when the Church preaches virtues and spirituality, the guys with the money still wield the most power. When all the other orders are in decline (except for the jesuits, an opposing force to the neoconservative Opus Dei) you should consider where the church's politics and power will be going in the next couple of generations. The great thing about strict conservative organizations are they have a great staying power, coupled with money, contacts and a subculture all its own its going to be around till someone plays a better game than them.

Skilled but Unmotivated. I was talking to Ryan and we shared our frustrated concerns in finding highly motivated individuals to mentor or train in our fields. We may have a TON of programers and 3d Artists in the philippines (and other skilled technicians) but we don't have the motivated creative ones who can multiply to productivity of a business. All grunts, no elites.

A 3d artist may earn as much as P12,000 ( $240) (after taxes) compared to the $6000 equivalent in developed countries, but the problem is that those at the $6,000 position are more skilled, have more resources, are more resourceful, and have equipment that are more than 25x the cost of the P12k artist. I guess thats why they wanted to open 50 slots here? 1 artist over there would employ 25 over here! If you make them work in shifts then you will need only half or a 1/3 worth of "seats".

We're cheap and If you think thats a good thing, you have to consider that we still end up in the bottom and are expendable. Slowly and Hopefully, few of us who can will be able to shift this trend.

dr. arson. Well I think i heard it from my dentist. She said it was a symptom of a weakening resistance. I think weakening in a very light scale. Anyway its ok. Ben-g always suggests rest. I plan to take some, I've been losing sleep and I don't have a doctor's constitution. I know if I lose one night of sleep, I get a bad cold and fever the next day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick