kath. I wasn't able to get my hands on zinc tablets but I was able to find some rest.

Airsoft. I will give some advice where to get a good starter set for under P7000 ($140) and my play sched. I'll also start giving my reviews on game sites and gear.

This is from the Point of view of a Cheap Bastard like me. When people dish out P1700 ($34) for a copy of a clone of a clone of some military hardware and you realize you can jury rig the same equipment from CDR king parts with equipment costing up to P200 ($4), makes me a cheap but practical bastard. Airsoft is a sport and obsession of many guys, this should help stop people from making this a black hole of money.


Latelty. Had a bad experience in airsoft. I've told the story too much to repeat it here, but basically a mixed blessing. Took out 3 guys but I had an over reaction on the third because of the niggardly play style of enemy group that drew the last straw and I over reacted. I didn't make a scene, but it killed the high and infact really pissed me off because their cheating finally broke that wall of indeference of mine.

I tried very hard not to care about their cheating
so as not to let it ruin my fun but when it robs me and my friends with honest-to-goodness kills SO freaking much (66%, Grabe harap harapan talaga) that I finally reacted. I'm talking about Green Fortress along common wealth. It was too much. It is a sharp contrast to Forest Camp beside the Heart Center, where the organizers are alert and the veteran airsoft team "Hagibis" (who are also army reserves) run a fairly clean game. This level of cheating is vastly more excruciating when compared to even my first regular field "The Shau". Green Fortress really stands out because, of bias you can read from how outsiders tend to be grouped in one team while the regulars are in another.

When I say "Harap Harapan" cheating. This is when, you see the guy take the hit or Know he took it (like in the case of a 2 vs. 1 direct fire). Half the time, his mate is there to see him take the hit, and you see the mate see him and react to him taking it, but they still play on. Thats how markedly they are more unabashed in cheating. There are many other anecdotes, one in particular was a "first to touch the Flag" where the flag was in open ground. Someone just ran up and touched it even at the streaming automatic fire from half the team.

The reason why cheating like this is actually tollerated is because it is that a complaint or a reaction can get you banned from a location. There are no inquiries and trust worthy or reputable personages to carry out (even just) token acts of fair play. Psychologically, when a location has a strong reputation of fairplay people are more inclined to play fair. Of course further analysing it, you can always make one's own sociological inquiry in that of the site's regulars and crew. There are alwasy some markers that, I'm sure, can infer to the personality of the players and judge quite accurately the level of "honesty".

Why play there? It's indoor and its stormy weather. Planning to go to more reputable gaming sites when the weather permits.

Ok, that ate up much of my blogging time.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick