Today is Tuesday.

Listening. Battleground, Jerusalems Lot, One For The Road and Boogeyman. The stories were fun. I found them scary and kinda inspiring for a game to run.

Hmmm... Jack, my high school composition teacher and Trisha's cousin, liked one of my works. I liked writing early and since I had a vivid imagination growing up. I do admit I am no writer, listening to all these audio books makes me want to be BUT, listening to them reminds me the market I'm after may not have enough time to read my books and might be better listening to them.

I want to try making one with my friends novel, if he'd let me.

(a discussion in a friends egroup) If you're a Gamer, the new DMG4e has some interesting refined points about gaming that would be best addressed as a group. Mainly, on the topic of GM and Player expectations. One edge and learning experience I have with GMing I can apply as I am learning computer game design is the skill of catering to your players, which can be substituted with "market". Understanding Player expectation tailor fits the game for maximum enjoyment for the players, half way the GM's expectation comes into play as well. When the two work in synergy, both parties come away from the game with over all satisfaction.

Expectations are a fickle thing which usually changes quite quickly, especially in the course of time between games. It also escalates to a point that most of the time GMs are easily too taxed to meet it since it is his/her job to challenge a group that may know his every trick or style, like a writer who has a certain predictability in his style.

This leads me to understand that the best way to maintain Par excellence in GM ship is in the company of a variety of GMs, Playing style, and Inspirational material (insert audio books). Discussion which leads also to the transparency of gaming styles, something, which is at first glance frightening to a GM (but who are we kidding when we've been playing with that GM for years). It is a game of challenge, after all, and the only way One person can cope with many players is through the power of universal control of the setting and the support from the accumulated experience and knowledge of many others.

Anyway, sans the long winded introduction, It would be nice to discuss playing styles, expectations, formats of play, and of course what we feel like playing. (These audio books have had a very tangible affect on my writing and my speaking lately)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick