Helping Others Succeed

Something My dad actually told me. right now other than working, I'm actually finding the time to help friends and trouble shoot some of their prorblems. Among these are a friends' wife Multimedia career challenges, to business opportunities in their province, getting their novel in the market in the most advantageous medium and other stuff I can't recall right now but are noted down in my little black notebook.

The nice thing about these things is that it allows me to learn and put to test so many of the theories I have floating in my head. Some of the time, I realized, the People who can best answer your problems are people who are not burdened by those problems. Basically, someone from an outside perspective has something to offer to those who are in the thick of the problem. Other than the expertise that I'm honing, which I get to practice in these little projects, I get experience, understanding and priceless insight into other things.

Help can be a selfless act, but as Machiavelli said: it shouldn't be. What I gain from the experience is useful, what I invest in it valuable, but most of all it improves the world around me. If my friends prosper my world is much easier to live in. Its not blind altruism, it not total utilitarianism, its just plain advantageous for all parties concerned and to add: exciting and in context, an adventure where the most I can lose is time and what I can gain is so much.

It was pretty cheesy and common sense thing to do, but growing up the implementation changed a lot.


Head Ache Last night. I had a terrible head ache last night. It was so bad I had to sleep early and Even when I slept relatively early I woke of from what was a very deep sleep. I got better but I was SO drained. I feel pretty weak right now. Having failed to do my daily push ups (because my new work environment is even more sedentary than my previous) I plan to sleep earlier so that I can find the time to do some wake up exercise. Anyway, Chat and I can watch The Daily show and TCR in comedy central online.

NYTimes bookmarks:
I Put in 5 Miles at the Office, 6 Food Mistakes Parents Make, and Training Young Brains to Behave


Anyway, on the way to work I mentally went on autopilot mode and then made a wrong turn, increasing my travel time by 30 mins. That sucked.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick