Qin: The Warring States

The Unification of China. I find the Spring and Autumn, and the Warring States Period one of the few Asian settings I would play. As compared to Legend of the Five rings which is, to me, as fantastic as Forgotten Realms but Asian. I'm slowly growing an intollerance for High (dizzyingly high) fantasy.

Its like in Batman, the Dark Knight, the audience is getting smarter. Fantasy is not that interesting cause it is a lot of power wasted. People are beginning to appreciate economy of force and resourcefulness compared to raw power and strength of will.

Anyway, read up on QTWS and I admit that I wouldn't GM it well because Chinese culture is very alien to me. I'm very western, well culturally American because of the media influence
(including literature-wise). If I were to run it I would run it By the Book, simply cause I don't know any better... but if you think about it Thats pretty ok. No surprises and no second guessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick