Still Sick Today

I didn't go to work today and called in sick. I guess sweating in the MRT and LRT, the extremes of the temperatures in the LRT/MRT and the weather has finally gotten to me.

Ubuntu. Its not for the Layman, I have to admit. It can be for the layman, though. Although you need to have a close techie friend who can easily be accessible to fix it up for you, if you are a layman. Otherwise, if you are a dabbling techie like me, good internet is the only requirement. Unfortunately the storm has been making my internet erratic and since I'm not at work, I don't have access to a kick ass bandwidth to download all the programs and do all the research I need.

Internet for my ubuntu desk top would be better but I don't have such access yet.

things to fix.
  • FONTS, surprisingly there are no core fonts in Open office.
  • Complete Codecs. If Codecs weren't hard enough to find, wait till you have research where to get these.
  • Installing all the Open Source Multi-media programs.

Got the Printer working. Holy crap that was hard. I didn't even know what I was doing. If you asked me what I did I can't recall a concise way to tell you what happened. Still, I have yet to print something more than just a test page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick