Career Plans

Looking at the real world projects using OGRE 3d, I feel like I should work for them, even for just peanuts just for the training. I'm 29 and I'm doing this NOW?! Well better now than when I have a kid I guess.

Expert Daw. My skill level in 3ds Max is full intermediate. It will be a couple of notches before being able to call my self an expert. I'll call myself that when I know how to make my own 3d Animated productions and know how to approach a large variety of 3d projects. I'll be content with Expert and will move on to Learning Blender when my career path focuses more tightly on gaming.


I'm surprised how slow I learn... I admit I don't ask our team leader much... he didn't exactly offer but at least he gives us enough time to learn something as we go. I have to admit that I don't think I'd learn it more effectively if I didn't read it for myself and develop my research skills as I did the work.


Like the biggest breakthru I had lately is understanding Euler zyx! I'm really proud of figuring it out on my own but at the same time I'm embarassed it took me a week to figure out all its little bugs and the familiarity i need to change my workflow to maximize the tool.


I hope Blender has something similar. Our company spent half a million acquiring the new 3ds Max 2009. We are really doing this at a loss but it is a long term investment to succeed in this project to prove that the company has what it takes to play with the big boys. Still, I'd rather learn to play with the bigboys but with blender, nothing like playing with toys of the same ability but getting it for free.


If the Crap that keeps happening to the country continues, I don't mind moving to New Zealand or any 1st world country. At least these skills will be valuable when determining eligibility for immigrant status.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick