Im gonna take my coffee break after this.

There is a great view of manila bay on the other side of the office. Bladder hurting and all these kinds of churning feelings in my gut, so I'll take a break a bit.

Work Progress. An excersize in Mapping basically. i had crappy joints for my model because of my previous two computers. after this experience I've begun measuring the computer's performance by making agiant mesh and seeing at what threshold does the Frames Per Second start slowing down too much. The Computer at Home, Olde Monster can take up to 60,000 polys before slowing down to arund 20fps.

Here I'm at about 8,000 and its at 16fps... ouch. I think its because of the 22 inch screen, Old 1gig SDRAM, GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE, and windows 2000. The graphics card is 2002, 6 years old as of Feb. Ok that makes a big Difference.

Thanks to Start>RUN>DXDIAG

Every 4 years a Tech-related profesional should save up money to make the neccessary upgrades for their computer. From the price 4 years ago, they should calculate for inflation at around 2.7% per year or basically 50% in the next 4 years. So If I want what will be a 50k computer of 2008 tech, in 2012 I'll need 75k to afford the current 2012 tech of the current professional standard.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick