Butchered My Baby

My article. Thomas said be prepared to Butcher your baby. I went ahead and butchered it already despite my wife's approval of it's previous draft. I looked at it hard and did my best to cut the word count without being too vague. Knowing it will take around three months before I will know if it sold I didn't have the patience of getting it read again. I just need to move on as quickly as possible. Reading their requirements made me so nervous because I'm not a writer. Even as an artist they rejected me when I felt like drew better than their regular artist and asked for way less, all these complications just filled my head and made me feel weak.

Anyway I have to move on. I may not get it, but at least I've done something I've set out to do and not in any way half-assed. If it gets rejected I'll post the long version here. I was pretty proud of it in a technical and historical point of view. Writing it felt good because I really knew what I was talking about and it applied to both the game and historical reading. I wasn't confident they will accept a 5000 word article from me. It quickly grew to 7000 but I had to cut it as bare bones as possible. Those templates took hours to craft and are made by a tactical and historical gamer, which I feel gives it way more value. Every point is carefully considered and efficiently assigned. No one is as annal as a tactical gamer making historical templates. From my experience as a GM, my tactical options and tips were from the many mistakes I and my players have made, which should be very helpful to other GMs.

I didn't know that at the rate I was going i could have filled 20,000 words about the history of archery, tactics, encounters, and NPCs. I must be ready for disappointment even at how hopeful or confident I may be feeling now. It rejection is never as bad as it should feel, its usually worse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick