Why so long?

Getting Into Settings. I think I have the merit to be called curious. Anyway, I have so many things distracting me. I've gotten a bit into Warhammer 40k, Then there is D20 Modern, Kindling my old Ravenloft flame, Drawing several comics, and my usual pursuits.

Ravenloft. Makes a great GURPS game, especially since the setting is Low Powered and the focus is very different compared to your usual DnD. As a horror setting, there is a tendency to be gritty and realistic. Right now I've begun some work on detailing the setting. My interest peaked especially since this Setting Parallels with alot of elements in Berserk.

Warhammer 40k, Traveler: Interstellar Wars, Fading Suns. Notice something in common? Basically the same elements but done with different flavor. Two are Gothic and leans on Fantasy and the other Sci Fi. I'm resigned not to use GURPS for Sci-Fi settings. Too much to keep track of. Its just a big head ache and escalating.

GURPS Byzantine. Finished the basic sketches on the intro. I've begun on the 1st page but I really have a hard time with background. I'm not a good background artist but I won't stop till it looks like I am. Anyway, the next comic is a 12 page intro to GURPS combat.

I have a little problem with my favorite system. Its complicated and detailed, but it doesn't make enough of an effort to make its concepts more easily understood. I am determined to make it illustrated as much as possible. So I ended up making several templates, illustrating them, a comic to explain certain things and draw in visual interest, and focusing giving a hand to the GM and Player in making character creation as easy as possible..

I know it may be a worthless effort, especially since the forums and the opinions of the people who run it don't see it that way. Still its a great opportunity to learn to make a subject matter interesting to those who wouldn't normally be interested. Its a real challenge a something that can hopefully impress other game publishers.

Miyazaki on Heroines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick