Want to Run Games

When I hear about 300, i think about the Philippine Equivalent.

I was thinking of one day running battle at Tirad Pass. 50 Filipino soldiers, among them 10 of the best sharpshooters of the Philippine army (of course the Exceptional PCs) vs 600 better equip, better fed, better trained American army that tried to capture aguinaldo.

the average american was not only what i enumerated to be better but was also 1 foot taller and 20lbs heavier than the average filipino soldier. (cited from Carlos Quirino's Filipinos At War).

All the Philippine soldiers are 30cp (mundanes*) characters, the American soldiers 50cp (competent) and their commanding officers 75cp (elites). The PCs 100cp (exceptional) characters. Of course the "heroic" figure who is Gregorio Del Pilar 150 (heroic).

* farmers and laborers who wanted a better life.

Trying to find more about tirad pass and the terrain. I've been reading the smithsonian's Art of War, basically a guide to the evolution of warfare for the layman.

I'm just making a wild guess here, but Tirad pass was a named after the battle. I guess its from the Tiradores De La Muertes (the Elite sharpshooters) that held the pass heroically along with 50 men who most probably just did support.

10 filipino elites...

GURPS. I should prep for a game, but I'm afraid no one will know the settings I'm interested in. From the Philippines to Byzantium, both are obscure topics and unseen in your typical Gaming Menu.

Henry mentioned my Byzantine Game and his looking forward to playing it. I was caught up doing so much research so that I could make a write up for the setting that would allow other people to understand the setting and it's strong points.

Byzantium, the one true Holy Roman Empire.

I guess I should really focus on that.

But then There is my Philippine Revolution Game. ... hmmm... too much on my plate :(










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick