Spicy

Craving for a game. I want a multi genre game that makes enough sense and has a number of different aspects that keep the game interesting. I feel like resurrecting my fading suns game, but to keep things simple I'll use the D20 Modern System (with future and future tech).

My understanding of a Feudal System and Economy had makes me appreciate the simplicity of a setting where trade and the transmission of information is slow. The limitations of even going at a fraction of the speed of light makes for interesting obstacles and game parameters.

Been reading D20 Modern. Since level system doesn't really work for me, i'll try to follow levels as level of Power (as in Power vs Expectation) instead of accumulated experience.

So 1st levels are mundane and commoners, 2nd level competents, 3rd level elites, 4th exceptional, and 5th heroic or important. Although, my problem with D20 Modern is that advancement is too fast. I may just use the original DnD experience system to tapper it down a notch and award action points instead of XP in a given ratio.

I'll also follow the Point based system where: 15 points and ordinaries -2 cr, 25pts and ordinaries -1, and the regular 25 elites.

I'd like to try putting a party in a variety of scenarios, from dogfights, mecha combat, and possibly a mass combat scenario (from heroes of battle).


unusual interests. I want to learn to make chorizo from scratch. I have a greater appreciation for preserved meats given its importance in low tech cultures and diet. In a given low tech game, a good cook who can prepare such can reduce waste and maintain the health of his comrades.

The role of spice is pretty interesting given that pests are not that attracted in eating spices or spicy food . Just yesterday i tried making sausage stuffing. It turned out ok, despite the fact we were missing a couple of imporant ingredients to draw out the porky smell.


A drawing. Made just last friday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick