More thoughts, when there is less room in my head

New RPGs. There is still room for new RPGs these days. Although the room is quite small, future RPG developers like myself have make a great product with a small budget. One aspect that has gotten my attention recently is the setting learning curve.


The Setting is very important to an RPG. It is the medium where the Role-playing takes place and the environment that interacts with the players. Unfortunately Settings are hard to learn, it takes a measure of reading and studying to get all the names of NPCS, dates, locations and these elements down. These days there are a lot of new game settings but very few RPGs put the effort of making them easy to learn. More often these days are games that use established settings, this helps make things easy to learn since a certain groups would already be familiar and thus be more inclined to learn to play the game.


I've got a long way to go, very long. It would be a number of years before i make my own RPG. Mostly because of the ART i'm trying to accumulate for its use and formating the setting to make it as easy to learn as possible. Making the text brief and concise; Making the illustrations do the half of the talking; and making the product exhort real world values (like basic knowledge of history and human nature: Mahadlika and EAS- history inspired games) .


Hopefully I can do it. I'm drawing a little bit more everyday. I'm able to concentrate better and focus, trying to be professional. I learning from finished works of more established artists and observing them very closely as it could give me a hint of a better technique or a clue to how they achieve their effects. As I have been progressing, I'm slowly being able to see the mistakes and how to have better approached the process.


It will be a while. A lot of theses clues are vague and ambiguous. I may puzzle on a shading technique for days, then there is the use of my tools learning to maximize its use, like the other artists. It will be a long while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick