Being old means being tired all the time

it speaks volumes. When you come to understand your perspective of your parents and why they are that way when your married and settled in. When once you were full of energy and now you conserve it for the priorities we may not really want to do (or is very hard to do).

Resting Day. Sat and Sun are resting days and are best spent at home taking a break from the stress that will come on the weekdays. Right now I'm just writing my GURPS player material.
Mount and Blade has just made me craving for a George R.R. Martin style medieval game.

I'm hoping to be able to lay it out into a 100 page booklet with a lot of art. Some RPG in your Art Book. A heavily illustrated RPG is something the Game publishers should consider when the cost of outsourcing artists is having more bang for buck. A book where every concept comes with an Illustration is nothing new, its just the cost and deadlines that can be a problem.

Reviving EAS as a realistic dark age setting with no magic or no supernatural aspect is quite exciting for me. My better grasp of history has allowed me to appreciate how distorted or interesting those times were. Thanks for GRRM to allow me to appreciate aspects i thought i was as a pedestrian wouldn't understand or appreciate.

Anyway its going to be a long time before the booklet is done. However more and more of it will be visible since i will be posting the art on my deviant account. I've tried to figure out the numbers and i think 1/3 to 1/2 the booklet is art. Art from the Maps (setting map, lands, and typical locations; Portraits of NPCs, archetypes, occupations, peoples, cultures etc..; the Technical art: arms, armor, heraldry, horses, animals, etc.).

Some people assemble models, i guess i assemble a portfolio/ rpg booklet.

Thanks for Diggnation, i know there is a program called rastorbator that allows large images to be broken down smaller printable pages. Maps is my current focus given this little project (EAS). After the map momentum should be up and running.

I can color well now. Well... pretty competently. I recently learned how to do the semi-transparency and remember how to do skies now. Landscapes are down the line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick