Working towards 5k a day, 15k a week

Did 5k today in 26mins, Thursday. Did 4.8k tuesday. Hope to do another 5k on sunday. I need my bones to get used to my new shoes.

Long Term Goal: 15kph or 9.6mi a day in under 30mins. This is needed to prepare me to do 20-30km hike with a go-bag and my son in case of an emergency. I need to do the Major Feats after the 2 day break.

Incrementally work towards 15kph in 30mins. Right now I need to be able to do all my work out in 30mins. Build up core strength. I need to be able to do 10kph in 20mins.

Currently 5km under 30mins.
next should be 5km in 20mins immediate goal
5km in under 20mins (stresses in strength; wear my Hydration Bag for this to build up back strength)
7km in under 20mins
10km in under 20mins

I've found that going 15kph ASAP helps start my run. Once the breathing is more "desperate" I'm more in the zone to work out. When my chest feels burning, my brain is suffering but the rest of  my body "Gets the Picture" that we are working towards a goal. I really need to bring with me more water.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick