Update, lessons and anime.

Just finished Fullmetal Alchemist Movie, Star of Milos. Damn, the main guy reminds me of my brother Joe. I keep wondering how Joe would be if he worked with us in this situation in the family biz.

Well things are not going so bad. Its bad, I'll say its still red. I'm learned a lot and the challenge is not so bad as the same time last year. The strategy we are planning to get out of the situation we are in is ambitious: we work towards being one of the few companies in the Philippines that really develops technology.

We can do it, and its not like some Einstein level break through. Its basically hacks to do stuff other more powerful companies already do but with our own way and meeting the SLAs our own non-copyright/patent infringing way. A lot of this is done by take advantage of the tech level up of crowd sourcing and open source.

Value is really distorted because of Marketing. A lot of free stuff are awesome, its just that people have to much going on to learn to use such. There is something liberating to get something free and make it run like the paid thing. Its liberating and scary, because people can be killed being the liberators.

I told the IT team, if we would, we could enter into government bidding and DRAG the price down to levels made me a profit but killed the licensed competition. Our family was involved in a major gov't computerization that earned us a lot of death threats. This time, suggest a bunch of Gametheory designed SLAs and measures to keep things sustainable over the long term.

A lot of gov'ts have moved to Linux for the cheapness. We have a vitalization experts and our own hub with the cheapest internet in the Philippines (Philippine internet costs is 1/50th price in the US per 1mbps; ours is only 1/13th). we can bring up the quality level and make it available to a lot of businesses. We can make it leaner just to min-max the limited internet in the Phils, the way a hacker just finds a working way around a problem that ain't pretty but you learn to love because of effectivity.

I'm of nominal computer ability, I'm scheduling a CCNA and Comsci through MITX this year. I plan to  take a certification/course every year. If possible twice a year. They are all computers and IT related. Focused on technology, every 6 months upgrading my abilities, the way a munchkin should.

In 3-4 years CCNP, SAAS, about 2 other competencies and basic skills of a programmer of a narrow scope. Maybe take one of those online MBAs to consolidate it all. If I were to have a thesis, its computerization in the Philippines: hacking at corruption, ignorance and poverty.

Of course my brother jasper will be joining me in this en-devour. I just wish the smartest of us 3 would be an asset in this min-maxing smorgasbord. Still jasper, myself and our close friends and allies in this technological adventure will have to suffice. Damn... having someone who you can trust, has similar and better abilities but can specialized in different things to complement and enhance our current stratagem. Its a selfish wish, but c'mon he's part of the inheritance, he's getting something out of everything even if he helps or doesn't. I mean its a pretty big share, why not check it out and join in? That house in jersey is as expensive as a large business in the Phils.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick