Working 50 hours a week... finally like everyone else

Found some time to blog.

Now I'm working 50 hours a week. Maintain a gant-like reporting issue chart using google spreadsheet. A lot of reporting and a lot of actions and following up. So much things to do, that I'm working from 10am-12pm (2 hours), 3pm to 12mn (9 hours). (not counting travel times).

Today, 10:30am-12pm. 3:30pm-on going right now. Probably end by 1-2am.

Fucking Eh!

I don't have any time and burning out. I'm now dragging myself to work, a bit. Add to that the baby wakes up at 5am to 7am, cutting my sleep to 5 hours. I get 8 hours sometimes.

At least I have lunch with my brother and wife.

Gaspar is working with me now, and we are both learning on the Job.

Freethinking and the RHB science debate helped make me more metrics driven. When I became exposed to the amount of metrics at work, It was not too overwhelming. Strategy games, my style of RPGaming and my economics lectures also helped immensely. Looking at it like a Gamer, trying to find a way to min-max and to find a way outside the box to fix things. that playful approach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technically I'm done with the project

Gurps Mysteries

330mg of Caffeine will do the trick