I shouldnt be having this argument
and I'm not because I'm ranting about it here. I was told that the Esoteric Medicine (which ever form you may name) is just as effective as a Doctor's Training in medical treatment. Ok there are many things wrong with that statement.
1) Many people have no empirical system of actually finding out if their esotieric method was successful since they do not function on reason the 1st place. (just self Faith of Convenience)
2) You cannot tell me a Doctor who studied medicine for 5-7+ years. Who, in game terms, who was required to have an very good IQ (IQ12 in GURPS [40]), has Physician (name specialization) (H) IQ [4]-12; Diagnosis (H) IQ [4]-12; Profession Doctor of (name specialization) (A) IQ [2]-12; Current Affairs (Medical Industry) (E) IQ [1]-12; Electronic Operation (Medical) (A) IQ [2]-12; Research (A) IQ [2]-12; Biology (H) IQ [4]-12; Physiology (H) IQ [4]-12; and some instances Surgery and Extra Specializations in Physician or Diagnosis is JUST AS GOOD as Esoteric Medicine (Specialization) (H) Per [4]-12! (63+ points vs 4 points!) ...its just wrong. Their is min/maxing and to live a good life, you have to play to your strengths and have all your strengths work in synergy. Munckining is making reality conform to how you want it to be advantagous.
3) When before modern medicine: there was an infant mortality rate of 1:3; when average life span was 30 for the before the height Renaissance and 40 in late 19thC and 60 early modern; when only the rich could afford medical care; when plagues devastated millions; when people used to spread disease casually: a time of Polio, wide spread tubercoloisi, cholera, influenza, etc. etc.... i'm not a doctor but as a history nut I know what the past was like and even in the hay day of esoteric medicine they never had anything CLOSE, not even a dream, or even the vaguest concept to what we have now!
Its so wierd how I can think so much clearer now. It so clear that memories highlight where my reasoning erred so simply that I wonder at why was I so blinded. Strange that ignorance, fear, misplaced ideaologies are such powerful forces I think that they will never leave humanity because we were animals once, and these ideologies remind us constantly to be humble. You can say, it replaces the Original Sin, or Imperfection Theologies found in almost ALL religions. At least, I like this one better and only shames me to never fall in the sway of those forces.
Too bad I'm such a two faced jerk not to point out the inconsistencies of a story and just bottle it up to spill it here. Although, for reasons of keeping myself from alienating too many people, its a character flaw I would gladly own up too especially since its a flaw that keeps me from self destructing.
1) Many people have no empirical system of actually finding out if their esotieric method was successful since they do not function on reason the 1st place. (just self Faith of Convenience)
2) You cannot tell me a Doctor who studied medicine for 5-7+ years. Who, in game terms, who was required to have an very good IQ (IQ12 in GURPS [40]), has Physician (name specialization) (H) IQ [4]-12; Diagnosis (H) IQ [4]-12; Profession Doctor of (name specialization) (A) IQ [2]-12; Current Affairs (Medical Industry) (E) IQ [1]-12; Electronic Operation (Medical) (A) IQ [2]-12; Research (A) IQ [2]-12; Biology (H) IQ [4]-12; Physiology (H) IQ [4]-12; and some instances Surgery and Extra Specializations in Physician or Diagnosis is JUST AS GOOD as Esoteric Medicine (Specialization) (H) Per [4]-12! (63+ points vs 4 points!) ...its just wrong. Their is min/maxing and to live a good life, you have to play to your strengths and have all your strengths work in synergy. Munckining is making reality conform to how you want it to be advantagous.
3) When before modern medicine: there was an infant mortality rate of 1:3; when average life span was 30 for the before the height Renaissance and 40 in late 19thC and 60 early modern; when only the rich could afford medical care; when plagues devastated millions; when people used to spread disease casually: a time of Polio, wide spread tubercoloisi, cholera, influenza, etc. etc.... i'm not a doctor but as a history nut I know what the past was like and even in the hay day of esoteric medicine they never had anything CLOSE, not even a dream, or even the vaguest concept to what we have now!
Its so wierd how I can think so much clearer now. It so clear that memories highlight where my reasoning erred so simply that I wonder at why was I so blinded. Strange that ignorance, fear, misplaced ideaologies are such powerful forces I think that they will never leave humanity because we were animals once, and these ideologies remind us constantly to be humble. You can say, it replaces the Original Sin, or Imperfection Theologies found in almost ALL religions. At least, I like this one better and only shames me to never fall in the sway of those forces.
Too bad I'm such a two faced jerk not to point out the inconsistencies of a story and just bottle it up to spill it here. Although, for reasons of keeping myself from alienating too many people, its a character flaw I would gladly own up too especially since its a flaw that keeps me from self destructing.
Comments
Post a Comment